Updated on January 3, 2022
Do you need to know how to remove the hose from the Bissell Little Green Machine? After digging through your manual and searching the far corners of the internet, you may still be unsure of how to take the hose off of your trusted Bissell Little Green Machine.
I know it can be frustrating knowing that a replacement hose is available for purchase, but you just can’t seem to figure out how to take the old one off, so the solution seems just out of reach. We’re here to help!
Whether your old hose has worn out from use, been damaged by an accident or a pet, or has simply cracked over time due to temperature and environmental changes, it’s definitely a preferred option to replace the hose rather than purchasing a new carpet cleaner.
Buying a Replacement Hose
The Bissell Little Green Machine is a good carpet cleaner that consumers have loved since it was first released. It’s lightweight, portable, a breeze to use, and always delivers great results.
Most people that own this machine have had it for a long time, and finding a new carpet cleaner that gives the same cleaning power is difficult to do, not to mention expensive. Rather than buying a new carpet cleaner, wouldn’t it make more sense to simply fix the one you already own?
Once you are able to locate a new hose, it is much easier than you would expect to swap the old one out. You won’t even need that many tools to get the job done.
- This is an O.E.M. Authorized part
- Fits various Bissell models
- Oem part number 203-7152
What Tools Do I Need?
Removing the hose from your Bissell Little Green is a piece of cake. You’ll be able to do this quickly and easily with just a couple of tools you probably already have laying around your house. If you do not have these tools, you can find them easily at your local hardware store, dollar store, or the drug store.
- Philips Head Screwdriver
- Needle Nose Pliers
With just those two tools, you’re on your way to having a carpet cleaner that works as well as it did when you first opened the box!
Preparing Your Machine
Before you get started, it’s important to make sure your machine is prepped for repairs. First, you need to be sure it is both switched off, and not plugged in, so there is no risk of electrocution. Next, remove any liquid from your Bissell Little Green so you don’t spill anything.
Removing The Hose From Your Bissell Little Green Machine
Now that your machine is prepped and ready to be repaired, it’s time to get started. Make sure you have your tools close by and ready to go.
Follow these easy steps to remove the hose:
- First, you want to remove both of the tanks on your machine. Simply lift the tank up gently, pull it away from the unit, and set it aside.
- Next, you’ll take your screwdriver and remove the two screws that are on the right side of the unit (when looking at it from the front) that are placed underneath the water tank.
- On the left side, there is one screw that is located under the tank. Remove that screw as well, and set in a safe place.
- Flip your Bissell Little Green upside down and remove the six screws on the bottom of the unit, and keep these separate from the others.
- Gently pull the bottom housing off of the machine.
- After you remove the base of the unit, carefully disconnect the clean solution hose hook-up.
- Locate the screw that is next to the hose, and remove the screw with your screwdriver.
- There is one more screw to remove, it is located under the black solution hose, and may be a little hard to see initially.
- Finally, using your needle-nose pliers, carefully remove the clamp from the clean solution hose.
Now that you have successfully removed the old hose from your Bissell Little Green Machine, you are ready to perform any maintenance or repairs that need to be done. Make sure you take this opportunity to clean any disassembled parts and check them for any other damage.
I hope these step-by-step instructions have helped guide you through your journey of easily removing the hose from your trusted carpet cleaner.