Updated on August 12, 2022
If you thought cold-pressed juices were something that only rich people can have, that is no longer the case once you invest in a quality masticating juicer. Cold-pressed juices are super popular right now, but it’s so expensive to buy a glass or bottle at your local café or market. That’s where home juicers come in. But just how do you cold press juice?
The process is simple, really. If you want super fresh, nutrient-rich juice at home, you’ll want to start by choosing either a masticating juicer or a blender and some fruits and veggies. You can use leafy greens, cilantro, apples, oranges, kiwi, broccoli, and any other fruit, veg, or herb that sounds tasty.
Now just chop the fruit, pulverize it, and squeeze all of the juice out of it and you’ll be left with a pile of dry pulp and a cup of delicious homemade cold-pressed juice.
Homemade Cold Pressed Juice
Making cold-pressed juice at home is easy! You can use one of the many cold press juicers that are on the market or you can use a blender if you’re in a pinch.
You can do it with just a few supplies:
- Masticating juicer or blender
- Fruits and vegetables
- Water, if using a blender
- Strainer and cheesecloth, pantyhose, etc.
- Choose your fruits and veggies. You can even use ginger, leafy greens, and any other produce that sounds good although some produce more foam than others.
- Chop everything in small chunks, about ½” to 1” each. You don’t have to worry about the pieces being uniform, they just need to fit in the blender.
- Once you add all of your items to the blender, add ½ to 1 cup of water and blend. You can always add more water but you can’t take it away so it’s better to start with less and increase the amount if needed.
- Once the mixture in the blender looks liquidy rather than chunky, you are finished blending.
- Now it’s time to strain your juice. Depending on how little pulp you want, there are a few things you can use to remove the edible fiber from the liquid. You can use a metal mesh colander with cheesecloth, new pantyhose, or coffee filters to remove the pulp.
Masticating Juicer Method
For the best results, a masticating juicer is recommended. It works by slowly crushing and grinding the produce which allows more nutrients and enzymes to remain.
- Decide which fruits, vegetables, and other items you want to add to your juice. Leafy greens, cilantro, citrus, and cucumbers are great items to add to your juice.
- You don’t need to chop anything unless the item is too big to fit in the hopper. Cut larger items in half, otherwise leave things whole and drop them in.
- The juice that you just pressed may have more pulp than you prefer. Feel free to strain your juice if you prefer a thinner product.
Overall, making cold-pressed juice at home is a piece of cake! Simply choose your fruits and vegetables, crush them, and squeeze out all of the juice! Luckily, this is an easy process if you are using the best masticating juicer. You can even use a blender if you don’t have access to a juicing machine.