Best Electric Razor for Men – 2018 Reviews and Top Picks
Shaving has come a long way from the use of stone razors to electric razors, which are a recent trend in the world of shaving. Not only are they highly convenient, they are also super-fast and take just a fraction of your time to deliver a smooth, flawless shave, without irritating your skin.Check out our list of the best electric razors for men for finding out the one that is best tailored to your needs.
At a Glance: Our Choices for the Best Electric Razors for Men
If you are looking for the best electric razor for men with lots of features at an affordable price, get the Braun 790cc.
With its 5 precision honed blades and a monstrous speed, the Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 is the finest epitome of a professional-grade electric razor.
The Braun 9095cc is for those Braun lovers who are looking for an augmented version of 790cc combined with the wet & dry functionality.
The Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 is an excellent choice if you are on a budget, but you are not willing to compromise on the quality, performance, and speed.
The Philips Norelco 7300 is the ideal choice for everyone with a highly sensitive skin. The flexible head and gentle blades of the machine ensure a close shave with zero tugging and pulling.
2018’s Reviews of the Best Electric Razors for Men
Wet & Dry
Presenting to you our first contender, which is one of the best-sellers by Braun. For every one of you, who are looking for the best electric razor for men, there is nothing in the market superior to 790cc.
The machine uses an intelligent sonic technology that automatically amplifies the power when you run it over thicker and more coarse hair. It even has the capacity to use up to 1000 micro vibrations in a minute if the need arises.
No matter which area of your body you want to shave, the 8D contour adaptation of the machine will provide a very comfortable shave without irritating or hurting your skin. It can even shave away the hair from the most difficult and sensitive parts, like neck and chin. The machine also features 3 shaving modes according to the sensitivity of your skin, so you can choose likewise.
The 790cc uses the foil technology, so it always provides you a very close and smooth shave in comparison to various other razors in the market. Our favorite part of the machine is its self-lubricating system, which keeps the blades sharper for a prolonged time.
Try out this machine if you want to experience pure excellence.
- Closer Shave
- 3 shaving modes
- Doesn’t feature wet and dry functionality
The next best on our list is the Panasonic Arc5 and just like our top pick, this one too is a pretty raved product. The machine features a special shaving mechanism that uses 5 angled blades for providing a closer and precise shave every time.
You won’t believe how fast the machine is. It has the capacity to deliver around 14,000 cuts in a single minute from one blade, which makes it ideal for professional level use.
This smart and intuitive machine has an integrated sensor that can detect the thickness of your hair and then automatically adjusts the power of the machine accordingly.
The razor runs smoothly on each and every contour of your face and body to leave you with a slick and hairless skin in no time.
The machine doesn’t only deliver a smooth shave, its pop-up trimmer lets you take care of your sideburns while opening up the opportunities to try out various new looks.
The razor also features a self-cleaning mechanism, so you don’t need to bother about its maintenance. We strongly recommend it to everyone who’s looking for a professional grade shaver for thicker hair.
- 5 blade system
- Excellent for a close shave
- Great for thick beards
- Wet & Dry operation
- Includes pop-up trimmer
- Self-cleaning technology
- Not ideal for sensitive skin
- Lacks comfort
Our next choice for the best electric razor for men is again from Braun, but this one belongs to the Series 9. The machines from series 9 are not lagging too far behind the series 7 when it comes to performance. The presence of this model on the third spot is an evidence of that.
The 9095cc is considered to be one of the most comfortable razors in the market for many reasons. It uses a special sonic technology with an ultra-fast speed of 40,000 cross cuts per minute from its 4 blades, which result in capturing more than 90% of hair in a single stroke.
The machine adapts to your facial features to get as many hairs as it possibly can, while its OptiFoil technology makes sure you get a closer and smoother shave.
Just like the 790cc, this model also features self-cleaning and lubricating mechanism, which makes your life much easier when it comes to its upkeep. The machine provides both wet and dry operation of 50 minutes on a 1-hour charge and comes with a 2 years warranty.
- Extremely comfortable
- Ultra-fast speed
- Close shaving experience
- Wet & dry functionality
- Additional trimmer included
- 2 years warranty
- Plastic construction
The Panasonic Arc4 belongs to the same series as the Arc5 does, only, this one is much more affordable than the previous one.
The machine uses 4 ultra-sharp angled blades that run in a cross-cutting motion for capturing every last hair on your face and neck using both dry and wet functioning.
The dual motor ensures that the machine delivers the fastest speed while its super flexible pivoting head makes sure it smoothly slides along every part of your face, neck, and body.
Just like the Arc5, this model also has a pop-up trimmer that lets you trim your beard before shaving it off. It also features an LCD display that lets you monitor the remaining battery and blades condition.
With the minimalistic price tag that this razor comes with, it is just too good to be true.
- Dual motor
- Built-in LCD panel for notifying you about speed and battery
- Integrated pop-up trimmer
- Flexible pivoting head
- Delivers smooth and quick shave
- Doesn’t include cleaning and charging dock
- Not very comfortable
Another premium quality model with a professional grade functionality is the Philips Norelco 7300. This model is specifically ideal for you if you have highly sensitive skin that is prone to get irritated.
The machine uses an anti-friction covering on its super flexible head that ensures the highest level of comfort. It also features a gentle precision blade system that prevents pulling of your hair.
You can use it for both dry or wet shaving, whichever way you like. The trimmer is also included in the machine that helps you with grooming your sideburns or mustache.
The smart cleaning system of the razor insanely enhances your convenience by requiring little to no effort on your part in its maintenance.
With the commercial-grade functionality and the high level of comfort that this razor offers, it is definitely worth a try.
- Delivers super smooth shave
- Very comfortable
- Excellent for sensitive skin
- Wet & Dry function
- Precision trimmer included
- 2 years warranty
- Blades are not durable
- Not ideal for a very close shave
How to Pick the Best Electric Razor for Men
For finding the best electric razor for men, here are a few important considerations that ought to be on your mind while picking yours.
Foil or Rotatory
There are 2 kinds of electric shavers, foil and rotatory. Performance wise, both of them are equally impressive, but there are a few dissimilarities between them. Generally, the rotatory ones are best if you have long and stiff facial hair and like to keep a little stubble. Conversely, foil ones are ideal for people who want a closer shave.
Corded or Cordless
These machines come in both corded and cordless models. While cordless ones are much more convenient in terms of the use, they need to be kept charged for making the most of them. On the other hand, the corded models do not require the hassle of charging but you cannot use them without an electric outlet.
However, besides these minor nuisances, both of them are excellent and highly functional. So, you should pick one as per your comfort and usability.
Wet & Dry Operation
A lot of these machines now come with dual functionality, which makes their use more versatile. While you can pick any type you want, we’d strongly suggest you go for the one that can be used for both kinds of shaving, i.e. wet & dry.
Benefits of an Electric Razor
Electronic razors/shavers are widely appreciated and preferred by men over the conventional shaving methods because they make this everyday task a piece of cake. Here are the major benefits you can avail by bringing home an electric razor.
The first and foremost reason why people opt for these razors is that they are highly convenient to use. You can literally use them anytime and anywhere. What’s even more awesome is that you don’t require the use of shaving foam or gel for using them.
Easy to Use
The use of these machines is as easy as can be. The best thing about them is that they do not require you to follow a special technique for achieving the optimum results. Even the first-timers and novices can get a hold of these wonderful machines in little to no time.
Boy are these little beasts fast of what? You do not have to wake up hours early every single day for shaving your face when you have one of these babies at your place. They take as many hairs in a single stroke as they can, which results in giving you a smooth shave in a much lesser time.
If you have a very delicate skin, you’d know the struggle of shaving. Luckily, the use of electronic shavers minimize the likelihoods of irritating your skin because they prevent your skin from getting any cuts.
Can be used on the whole body
Unlike the regular razor, an electric one can be very comfortably used on any body part of yours, whether you can see it or not. These machines are specially designed to effortlessly adapt to the curves of your skin for giving a neat and flawless shave.
The majority of these machines come with some additional clippers or attachments that allow you to create various types of looks. You can choose to clean shave or keep a little stubble, your call. You also get full control over the length of your whiskers.
The Correct way to Use an Electric Razor
Here is the complete step-wise guide that will help you make the most of your shaver for creating a super groomed look in just a few minutes.
- If you prefer dry shaving, the first thing to keep in your mind is to never use the machine on hair that is too long. The excessive length will result in tugging and pulling of the hair, which will be both painful and uncomfortable. Needless to say, it may end up in irritating your skin or developing rashes and bumps.
- Therefore, always make sure that your hair is not more than a couple of centimeters long before using the shaver. If, however, your growth gets past that level, then trim the beard first for bringing it to the ideal length and then proceed with the shaving.
- Adjust the machine on your skin at a right angle and use it in the opposite direction of your hair growth. Run the machine gently on your skin in circular motions while using smaller and controlled strokes. This will not only minimize the whole shaving time, it will also prevent your skin from getting irritated.
- In case of opting for the wet shave, the first thing to do is to thoroughly wash your face with a facial cleanser while using lots of warm water to rinse it off. Why warm water? Well, it’s simple, because it helps in reducing the coarseness of hair by making it soft. It also controls the sebum on the skin, which can become a nuisance while shaving.
- Washing should be followed by the application of a pre-shave balm or lotion, which helps in making your skin dry. If you do not have one of those, you can use a baby powder instead.
- After that, take a small amount of shaving gel or cream and gently massage it on your skin and then leave it on for a couple of minutes. This will further soften the hair for making the shaving as flawless and quick as possible.
- Again, just like dry shaving, do not forget to use your machine against the stubble growth. For best results, hold your skin tighter with your other hand to make the whole job quicker and easier.
- The more sensitive parts of your skin, such as the neck, should be shaved first. Why? As you continue using the machine, it tends to heat up and release the heat on your skin. The exposure of heat on sensitive areas can make the shaving really painful and unpleasant experience. Therefore, do not make the mistake of doing that.
- If you are using a cordless machine, do not forget to keep it fully charged before using it, especially if you wet shave. The reason is that due to the use of shaving cream, the razorblades get a bit resistant, which results in the machine consuming more energy.
- Lastly, when you are done with the shaving, make sure to clean your machine after every single use. This might not be your most preferred task, but it is highly critical for elongating the life of your machine and keeping its performance steady.
And, that’s a wrap! To conclude it all, we’d like to say that there are numerous factors that you need to bear in mind for selecting the best electric razor, all of which have been discussed above. The list that we have mentioned above has been carefully compiled by making sure that each one of the products meets the highest quality and functionality criteria on the basis of numerous features they offer.Most importantly, we kept in mind several budgets to make sure that our list has plenty of diversity without any compromise on the performance and quality. So, we are 100% certain that you are going to have a great experience with every single one of them.