Updated on January 3, 2022
When shopping around for the best leather conditioner, it’s hard to find one that combines affordability, ease of use, and quality. Luckily Obenauf has made a great conditioner that will keep your leather boots protected and looking great for years to come.
Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP Leather Conditioner Review
- Leather conditioner cream with real beeswax and plant oils designed to melt when...
- Condition, restore dried and sun faded leather saddle bags, chaps, and holsters
- Heavy Duty Leather Preservative is Made in the USA
If you are looking for a great conditioner for your boots and haven’t had any luck finding a variety that makes your boots look great and protects them, you should check out Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP Leather Conditioner! This complete leather care product repels acids, salt, and other chemicals that your boots may come in contact with. This heavy-duty leather preservative is made to help your boots last a lifetime.
This leather preservative was originally made to waterproof and protect the leather work boots firefighters wear. An Idaho Wildland Firefighter originally formulated this unique conditioner, using a combination of oils and beeswax to act as both a leather polish and a waterproofing agent to keep your boots protected from the elements.
Who Is This Product For?
Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP Leather Conditioner is ideal for a number of situations. Since this industrial strength leather preservative debuted, it has been protecting boots and a variety of other leather items that may need added protection.
Great for people that own:
- Baseball Gloves
- Leather Work Boots
- Saddle Bags and Chaps
When you are looking for a new conditioner for your leather items that tend to get a lot of wear, a heavy-duty conditioner should do the trick. Luckily for you, this conditioner from Obenauf was originally made to protect the boots of firemen so durability shouldn’t be a problem.
Not only can you use this to keep your boots safe from moisture, chemicals, and heat, but you can even use it on motorcycle and auto leather, wallets, saddlebags, chaps, and holsters. Any leather item you own that gets used frequently and needs protection from the elements would benefit from Obenauf’s Heavy Duty Leather Conditioner.
Pros and Cons
Here are a few things we really like about this product:
- Can be used on many leather surfaces
- Great protection for workboots
- Mold, bacteria, and mildew resistant
- Easy to apply
And here’s something we don’t like about it:
- Can darken your leather
How To Use It
One of the best things about this conditioner is that the application is easy!
- Apply conditioner to leather with bare hands. The heat from your hands melts the beeswax and allows it to melt into the leather.
- Allow 10-60 minutes between applications.
- After you finish applying, let the conditioner sit for an hour.
- Buff off excess conditioner off of smooth leather with a microfiber cloth. Use a soft-bristled brush for nubuck.
- Repeat every 6 to 8 weeks.
Overall, Obenauf’s Heavy Duty LP Leather Conditioner is a great choice for your leather conditioning needs. From boots and wallets to saddlebags, chaps, and motorcycle leather, this heavy-duty conditioner will protect your leather and keep it safe. If you want to protect your leather, take a look at the best leather conditioner on the market.